develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2004

Re: Smoke [5.9.2] 22881 FAIL(M) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP1 (x86/1 cpu)

From:
Spider Boardman
Date:
June 4, 2004 02:38
Re: Smoke [5.9.2] 22881 FAIL(M) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP1 (x86/1 cpu)
Message ID:
200406031458.KAA234850@leggy.zk3.dec.com
Steve Hay wrote (in part):

sh> However, this solution still has a problem: when running "dmake test"
sh> (after a successful "dmake"), the mktables program now gets run again!
sh> Why is that?  I've attached a patch so you can see what I've done.  As
sh> I see it, test depends on test-prep, which depends on all, which
sh> depends on $(UNIDATAFILES), but that is up-to-date so why is it
sh> getting made again?  All the files listed in $(UNIDATAFILES) have been
sh> created and have the correct mtime.

But 'unidatafiles', the intermediate target, does not exist.  It is
therefore always out of date.  An added 'touch $@' (or some such
equivalent, this not being run on a Unix system) should clear that up.
Unless, of course, dmake has .PHONY support, which would be even better --
I'm just not expecting that it does.

	--s.