develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2004

Re: [perl #29851] Problem with Carp and Safe

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
June 1, 2004 04:34
Re: [perl #29851] Problem with Carp and Safe
Message ID:
20040601133131.0c62b9b8@localhost
Lionel CONS wrote:
> However, rather than forcing the user to add "require Carp::Heavy" in
> user scripts before being able to use carp() inside Safe, I would prefer
> another solution. The main reason being that users may not even know
> that carp() is used inside Safe (it may be buried way down in the code).
> Another reason is the messing up of $@ (cf. the "XXX fix require to
> not clear $@?" comment in the current Carp module).

Or, we could have Safe require Carp::Heavy, in addition of my patch.
That way we still keep the lightweight Carp optimisations in place.