Re: 22879: autogenerating Unicode data files

From:
Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan
Date:
May 31, 2004 14:08
Re: 22879: autogenerating Unicode data files
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.44.0405311707400.7729-100000@perlmonk.org
On May 31, Nicholas Clark said:

>On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 04:12:54PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
>> Patch 22879 ( http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse?patch=22879 )
>> builds on japhy's improvements to lib/unicore/mktables, and changes the build
>> process so that all the data files needed by the regexp engine are generated
>> by mktables at build time, rather than shipping with perl.
>
>Patches 22880 and 22881 takes the code from lib/utf8_pva.pl which builds
>the property alias hashes at run time, and moves it into lib/unicore/mktables
>so that it is done at perl build time. mktables writes the data structures out
>to lib/unicore/PVA.pl, which lib/utf8_heavy.pl requires instead of
>lib/utf8_pva.pl
>
>I think we're now doing as much as possible at build time and shipping the
>smallest number of files possible in the source tree.

Cool deal.  Thanks for picking up after me.  Looking at your patch above
(22879), I now realize I'm still a long way off from the nitty-gritty.

--
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan      japhy@pobox.com      http://www.pobox.com/~japhy/
RPI Acacia brother #734   http://www.perlmonks.org/   http://www.cpan.org/