Re: 22879: autogenerating Unicode data files

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
May 31, 2004 12:54
Re: 22879: autogenerating Unicode data files
Message ID:
20040531195413.GE1147@plum.flirble.org
On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 04:12:54PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> Patch 22879 ( http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse?patch=22879 )
> builds on japhy's improvements to lib/unicore/mktables, and changes the build
> process so that all the data files needed by the regexp engine are generated
> by mktables at build time, rather than shipping with perl.

Patches 22880 and 22881 takes the code from lib/utf8_pva.pl which builds
the property alias hashes at run time, and moves it into lib/unicore/mktables
so that it is done at perl build time. mktables writes the data structures out
to lib/unicore/PVA.pl, which lib/utf8_heavy.pl requires instead of
lib/utf8_pva.pl

I think we're now doing as much as possible at build time and shipping the
smallest number of files possible in the source tree.

(So prove me wrong)

Nicholas Clark