Re: bug ids and patch levels

From:
Robert Spier
Date:
May 25, 2004 12:34
Re: bug ids and patch levels
Message ID:
m3pt8sz4gl.wl_rspier@pobox.com
> I've just observed that the latest bug id was 29841 and the latest
> patch id was 22843, which is the same order of magnitude. Does that
> mean that we have more bugs submitted than patches applied? Or was the
> patch level reset at some point, and bug ids existed since the
> beginning? Just curious...

bugid's increase a lot faster than patch-ids because they aren't
sequential for perl5.  while id n might be a perl5 bug, id n+1 might
be a parrot bug, n+2..n+7 are likely to be spam that made it past the
filter but not into the queue.  they refer to tickets in the RT and
are shared across all the queues.

-R