Re: FileCache 1.03 (as per 5.8.3) breaks system()

From:
Jerrad Pierce
Date:
May 24, 2004 15:30
Re: FileCache 1.03 (as per 5.8.3) breaks system()
Message ID:
200405241705.i4OH54iR018038@simmons-12.mit.edu
>Yes the child process will inherit them, but something like /bin/sh will
>immediately change the signal dispositions anyway, so I'm not at all
That, would be Somebody Else's Problem i.e; completely out of my control

>dispositions and don't reap children properly, but I'm far from clear
>why FileCache is trying to fix this problem when a vanilla perl piped
>open doesn't.
Because, the end user is using FileCache to handle open and close in order to
manage the number of open handles. Therefore the module should handle all
other relevant details for the user as well, of which this is one. In
particular, this is the sanest way of handling the zombie problem where
FileCache may close a managed filehandle which is a process in order to free
a spot for a new handle to be created.
--
H4sICNoBwDoAA3NpZwA9jbsNwDAIRHumuC4NklvXTOD0KSJEnwU8fHz4Q8M9i3sGzkS7BBrm
OkCTwsycb4S3DloZuMIYeXpLFqw5LaMhXC2ymhreVXNWMw9YGuAYdfmAbwomoPSyFJuFn2x8