[perl #29680] Perl installation Problem

From:
ALAA ABED
Date:
May 18, 2004 03:21
Subject:
[perl #29680] Perl installation Problem
Message ID:
rt-3.0.9-29680-87679.4.04460970407939@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  "ALAA ABED"
# Please include the string:  [perl #29680]

Dear Sir,

Since a week , i'm trying to install and build perl 5.8.3,which the pltform
is Solaris8 ,
but all the time i'm facing a problem.

When i read the INSTALL file "install instructions", it says that i've to
follow the folowing instructions:

      1-  rm -f config.sh Policy.sh
      2-  sh Configure -de
      3-  make
      4-  make test
      5-  make install

But after finishing step #2 and trying to execute step #3, the error message
says command not found.

# make
make: not found

Really, i gave up to find the executable file called make, also i tried to
install make package but the problem still exist.
Also i tried to skip this step and continue to install my software, the
following error appears:

# perl setup.pl
Can't locate Mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/perl5/5.00503/sun4-solaris /usr/perl5/5.00503
/usr/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at
setup.pl line 87.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at setup.pl line 87.

I think i've a problem with package itself, so could you please send me perl
packages (Perl binary & Perl modules ), which the platform is Solaris8.

NOTE: ./myconfig file is attached.

Please i need your help as soon as possible.
Thanks for your cooperations.