problem in compiling perl5.6.2 using gcc compil er on aix 5.2

From:
Bheema Rao Merugu, BSC, Ambattur, Chennai
Date:
May 17, 2004 04:00
Subject:
problem in compiling perl5.6.2 using gcc compil er on aix 5.2
Message ID:
B2ACC9858776FB41A048A29A769AF6F860C978@BUGBUNNY.hclt-guindy.co.in> <bheemarm@crm.hcltech.com
Hi,

  I am facing problem in compiling the perl5.6.2 source code using gcc.
  1.installed the gcc  3.3.2 and added to the PATH.
  2.installed GNU Make downloaded from gnu.org and added to PATH.
  3.downloaded the perl 5.6.2 from cpan and executed
  # sh Configure -Dcc=gcc

   #make

gcc: `-b' must come at the start of the command line
Stop.

I am getting the above error while running the make command.

Please help me out to resolve this issue..

Thanks,
Bheema.