Re: [perl #28966] Syntax error in Switch.pm

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
May 16, 2004 12:54
Re: [perl #28966] Syntax error in Switch.pm
Message ID:
20040516215354.A678.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl
On Sun 16 May 2004 17:57, Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
> >  (please note the comment)
> >  ... I get:
> >     syntax error at ./buggy.pl line 7, near "}continue"
> >     syntax error at ./buggy.pl line 8, near "}"
> >     Execution of ./buggy.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
> >
> >  Removing the comment stops the barking.
>
> Thanks for the report, and sorry for the delay in replying. The short
> answer is that its fixed by the patch below to Text::Balanced that's been
> applied to the development version of Perl. Whether and how this fix makes
> it into the CPAN version is up to the module's maintainer, Damian.
> Damian?

I /think/ someone else took over P::R and T::B a few month back

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.8.3, & 5.9.x, and 809 on  HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, 11i,