develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2004

Re: FileCache 1.03 (as per 5.8.3) breaks system()

From:
Alan Burlison
Date:
April 16, 2004 10:12
Re: FileCache 1.03 (as per 5.8.3) breaks system()
Message ID:
4080132A.90708@sun.com
Jerrad Pierce wrote:

> Doh! Okay, I'm looking into it. Does someone have a VMS machine
> they could setup a short-lived test-account for me on?

You should be able to get away without one (my breakage is on Solaris,
not VMS - and I suspect it will be broken on Linux/BSD too), and I think
the VMS changes were only necessary because VMS doesn't have the full
set of signals.

--
Alan Burlison