develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2004

Re: CPAN-newer-than-release for 5.8.4 RC1 (was Re: 5.8.4 RC1)

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
April 7, 2004 06:02
Re: CPAN-newer-than-release for 5.8.4 RC1 (was Re: 5.8.4 RC1)
Message ID:
20040407150129.884C.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl
On Wed 07 Apr 2004 14:51, merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) wrote:

> Nicholas> Actually, that's also why I'm making no great effort to
> Nicholas> remind anyone of the code freeze dates. Suggesting that
> Nicholas> these dates are deadlines to get things done by will
> Nicholas> encourage bursts of change close to release.
>
> This would suggest that I should simply adopt a policy to download
> bleadperl about once a week, put it on my system, and see what CPAN
> modules are out of sync, and announce it every time I notice it.
>
> If that's OK with everyone (I got pushback before), I'll be happy
> to start doing this again.

make that a two week period, and count me in. But there's more than just me

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.8.3, & 5.9.x, and 806 on  HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, 11i,