develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2004

Re: CPAN-newer-than-release for 5.8.4 RC1 (was Re: 5.8.4 RC1)

From:
merlyn
Date:
April 7, 2004 05:51
Re: CPAN-newer-than-release for 5.8.4 RC1 (was Re: 5.8.4 RC1)
Message ID:
861xn0uf1g.fsf@blue.stonehenge.com

Nicholas> Actually, that's also why I'm making no great effort to
Nicholas> remind anyone of the code freeze dates. Suggesting that
Nicholas> these dates are deadlines to get things done by will
Nicholas> encourage bursts of change close to release.

This would suggest that I should simply adopt a policy to download
bleadperl about once a week, put it on my system, and see what CPAN
modules are out of sync, and announce it every time I notice it.

If that's OK with everyone (I got pushback before), I'll be happy
to start doing this again.