develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2004

Re: CPAN-newer-than-release for 5.8.4 RC1 (was Re: 5.8.4 RC1)

From:
merlyn
Date:
April 7, 2004 05:42
Re: CPAN-newer-than-release for 5.8.4 RC1 (was Re: 5.8.4 RC1)
Message ID:
86isgcufg9.fsf@blue.stonehenge.com

H> So now that *you* know what the release cycle is, maybe signal p5p
H> every 2 month with your (very good) list of out-of-sync modules,
H> and /we/ (p5p committers) integrate them to blead, after which Nick
H> integrates them to maint

I had formerly sent announcements to this list about every month or
two as I became "annoyed" with the update list.  The feedback I got
was that my postings were not welcome, so I stopped doing that, but
wanted to make sure to do it for final release.  When I saw the RC1
announcement, that was my trigger.  I'm not a very smart person... I
would have needed more notice and presence of mind to do it two weeks
earlier.

That's why I think it should be on the pumpking's list, not mine.
Especially since the freeze date (for folding in CPAN modules) is
apparently a pumpking decision, not mine.

H> deal?

Back at ya.