develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2004

Re: 5.8.4 RC1

From:
Stas Bekman
Date:
April 6, 2004 10:02
Re: 5.8.4 RC1
Message ID:
4072E2BA.4090303@stason.org
Andrew Dougherty wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>I had an interesting glitch during 'make test':
>>
>>lib/ExtUtils/t/Constant..............Can't locate Term/ANSIColor.pm in @INC
>>(@INC contains:
>>/home/stas/perl/5.8.4-ithread/lib/site_perl .) at /usr//bin/cc line 91.
>

>>Both due to /usb/bin/cc being the gcc colorgcc wrapper in perl (v1.3.2). Not
>>really a problem of 5.8.4, but I haven't seen this problem before.
>

> We've encountered this before.  See the message threads
> http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/perl5-porters/2003-05/msg00232.html
>
> which ends with Jarkko's prophetic remark:
>
>>Urk.  How are you going to run the ExtUtils:: tests...?
>

> and
> http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/perl5-porters/2003-07/msg00831.html

Thanks Andrew, that's pretty fresh. It doesn't bother *me* but others may

>>perl-5.8.4-RC1 doesn't have this module, but I'm not sure how colorgcc gets to
>>call the perl that's being tested at the moment...
>

> I forget all the details, but it's related to -Duseshrplib, and possibly
> to the use of LD_PRELOAD.  Do you, by any chance, already have a
> shared library for perl-5.8.4 with ithreads installed?

Not exactly. I had 5.8.4-tobe (pre-RC1) installed, which confusingly lived in
the 5.8.3 tree. 5.8.4-RC1 finally had its dir coined 5.8.4. And I had to
rebuild everything twice :(