develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2004

Re: 5.8.4 RC1

From:
Andrew Dougherty
Date:
April 6, 2004 08:27
Re: 5.8.4 RC1
Message ID:
Pine.SOL.4.58.0404061120210.12338@maxwell.phys.lafayette.edu
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> I had an interesting glitch during 'make test':
>
> lib/ExtUtils/t/Constant..............Can't locate Term/ANSIColor.pm in @INC
> (@INC contains:
> /home/stas/perl/5.8.4-ithread/lib/site_perl .) at /usr//bin/cc line 91.

> Both due to /usb/bin/cc being the gcc colorgcc wrapper in perl (v1.3.2). Not
> really a problem of 5.8.4, but I haven't seen this problem before.

We've encountered this before.  See the message threads
http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/perl5-porters/2003-05/msg00232.html

which ends with Jarkko's prophetic remark:
> Urk.  How are you going to run the ExtUtils:: tests...?

and
http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/perl5-porters/2003-07/msg00831.html

> perl-5.8.4-RC1 doesn't have this module, but I'm not sure how colorgcc gets to
> call the perl that's being tested at the moment...

I forget all the details, but it's related to -Duseshrplib, and possibly
to the use of LD_PRELOAD.  Do you, by any chance, already have a
shared library for perl-5.8.4 with ithreads installed?

--
    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu