develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2004

Re: "|" in debugger hangs with less

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
March 3, 2004 13:43
Re: "|" in debugger hangs with less
Message ID:
20040303224203.7a0add95.rgarciasuarez@free.fr
Chip Salzenberg wrote:

> I want to know if I've done something wrong before I perlbug this.
>
> When I use "|" to look at anything in the debugger through less (my
> default pager), when less is done I don't get my debugger prompt back
> and there's nothing I can do to get it back.
>
> Is this a PEBKAC or a perlbug?

Obvious question : have you tried with more ? pg ? cat ?
What's your $TERM ? have you tried another one ? etc. etc.

(I had some similar problems with slrn and other slang-based
programs; which mysteriously disappeared when I recompiled my
terminal emulator.)