develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2004

Re: [perl #15063] /tmp issues

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
February 28, 2004 09:49
Re: [perl #15063] /tmp issues
Message ID:
20040228174912.GT46380@plum.flirble.org
On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 05:39:33PM +0000, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 05:06:51PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > Change 22258 by davem@davem-percy on 2004/02/01 17:40:02
> >
> > This touches quite a few dual life modules maintained outside the core, yet
> > it doesn't seem to tweak any version numbers. I presume that this changes
> > are not yet passed on upstream?
> >
> > [I was about to merge it to maint then had second thoughts because of this]
>
> I applied this patch when I was still in a state of blissful ignorance about
> dual-life modules. Since then I have matured into a state of fearful
> ignorance.
> I belive these days one is supposed to bump up the sub-version number
> and notify the maintainers. Would you like me to do this?

I think the combination is what Rafael said should be done. Certainly the
changes need to get to the upstream authors.

Given that I'm trying to get a maint snapshot out this weekend, I'd be happy
not to be the person doing it :-) So if you could, that'd be great.

Nicholas Clark