develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2004

Re: [perl #15063] /tmp issues

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
February 28, 2004 09:39
Re: [perl #15063] /tmp issues
Message ID:
20040228173932.GB23529@fdisolutions.com
On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 05:06:51PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> Change 22258 by davem@davem-percy on 2004/02/01 17:40:02
>
> This touches quite a few dual life modules maintained outside the core, yet
> it doesn't seem to tweak any version numbers. I presume that this changes
> are not yet passed on upstream?
>
> [I was about to merge it to maint then had second thoughts because of this]

I applied this patch when I was still in a state of blissful ignorance about
dual-life modules. Since then I have matured into a state of fearful
ignorance.
I belive these days one is supposed to bump up the sub-version number
and notify the maintainers. Would you like me to do this?

Dave.

--
Nothing ventured, nothing lost.