develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2004

Re: [perl #26787] read reports wrong eof under high system load

From:
perl5-porters
Date:
February 18, 2004 16:02
Re: [perl #26787] read reports wrong eof under high system load
Message ID:
c10ued$sea$2@post.home.lunix
In article <rt-3.0.8-26787-78336.2.2498005290219@perl.org>,
	Michael Bell (via RT) <perlbug-followup@perl.org> writes:
> If a Linux system runs with a high system load then it can happen
> that "read" returns a 0 but it is no EOF. The perldocumentation
> "man perlfunc" includes the statement that a zero only happens at
> EOF. We tested the same situation with a Solaris system which
> does not produce this error.

Personally I'd rather see this reported as a linux bug. Do
you have code to reproduce this ?