develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2004

5.005_04 RC1

From:
Leon Brocard
Date:
February 5, 2004 08:46
Subject:
5.005_04 RC1
Message ID:
20040205164634.GA11841@kanga.astray.com
  Either the well was very deep, or she fell very slowly, for she had
  plenty of time as she went down to look about her and to wonder what
  was going to happen next. First, she tried to look down and make out
  what she was coming to, but it was too dark to see anything; then
  she looked at the sides of the well, and noticed that they were
  filled with cupboards and book-shelves; here and there she saw maps
  and pictures hung upon pegs. She took down a jar from one of the
  shelves as she passed; it was labelled 'ORANGE MARMALADE', but to
  her great disappointment it was empty: she did not like to drop the
  jar for fear of killing somebody, so managed to put it into one of
  the cupboards as she fell past it.
                       Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll

This is the release candidate for the fourth maintenance release of
Perl 5.005. Please test this thoroughly and find any issues before
Alice makes it to the heap of sticks and dry leaves at the
bottom. It's available at:

  http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/L/LB/LBROCARD/perl5.005_04-RC1.tar.gz

If there are no negative reports, then I hope to release the real
thing in a week. Maybe I'll break out the orange marmalade.

Dedicated to my Alice, Tanja.
--
Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/
scribot.................................http://www.scribot.com/

... Don't sweat it - it's only ones and zeros