develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2003

Perl 5.8.3 vs. Encode

From:
Dan Kogai
Date:
December 23, 2003 17:40
Subject:
Perl 5.8.3 vs. Encode
Message ID:
28D7CCFE-35B2-11D8-A1BD-000A95DBB50A@dan.co.jp
Porters,

Happy Holidays -- well, not quite, with Perl 5.8.3 code freeze in a
week (Dec. 30th, right, NC?)

I have been busier than I expected these days.  I started working on
Encode on early December but I have been too busy on non-programming
stuff.

Well, I still have a week to go so I will do my homework.  Here is a
list of ToDos.

* encode() prototype issue (Autrijus)
* Encode::XS should add one more byte to the string returned (Gisle)
* encoding.pm pod enhancement (Autrijus)

If you @ p5p have more, please post here or mail me ASAP.  Since I have
been off programming, I would also appreciate if you gave me pointers
to issues above to make sure I got the problems correct.

Dan the Encode Maintainer