develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2003

Re: [DOCPATCH] BEGIN, CHECK, INIT, END explained more

From:
Elizabeth Mattijsen
Date:
December 3, 2003 03:13
Re: [DOCPATCH] BEGIN, CHECK, INIT, END explained more
Message ID:
p05111b03bbf3754332ec@[192.168.56.3]
At 23:28 +0100 12/2/03, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
>I took the liberty to correct some errors, notably on the mechanism
>behind O and B : this is not the CHECK block that stops the program, as
>you wrote, and it's defined from inside an eval(""), whereas you stated
>that CHECK/INIT blocks were ignored in eval("")s. (This eval happens
>at compile-time when you load the O module, so it's OK.)

Hmmm....  I believe you, the O and B modules are a bit messy...

So when _are_ CHECK/INIT blocks run then exactly?  Is the definition
just as :they're only run once after compilation of the first outer
eval is completed?

Liz