develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2003

Re: perl @ 21830

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
December 2, 2003 11:44
Re: perl @ 21830
Message ID:
20031202194343.GY11153@plum.flirble.org
On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 01:56:34PM -0500, Green, Paul wrote:
> Nicholas Clark [mailto:nick@ccl4.org] wrote:
>
> > Is there still need for rsync-able maint snapshots, given the availability
> > of up to the (5) minute rsync access to the repository at
> >
> >   rsync://ftp.linux.activestate.com/perl-5.8.x/
>
> I just tried
>
>    rsync -avz --delete ftp.linux.activestate.com::perl-5.8.x perl-5.8.x
>
> but received the error message
>
>    rsync: failed to connect to ftp.linux.activestate.com: The operation
> timed out.
>    rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(97)
>
> Is this just me or is anyone else seeing this error?

I suspect that it's just you. I'm not seeing it, and I think that anyone
else seeing it would have responded by now. Are you firewalled on port
873 locally?

Nicholas Clark