develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2003

Re: Poor State of the Man Pages

From:
david nicol
Date:
December 1, 2003 15:39
Re: Poor State of the Man Pages
Message ID:
1070321924.978.24.camel@plaza.davidnicol.com

Do we have a glossary? It is common for reference works to
have glossaries.  It is curious that I find myself referring to
ESR's "Jargon pages" rather than a closer reference for perl jargon.

http://catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/go01.html

does not list "transliterate" and tr(1) claims to be short
for "translate."

--
david nicol "I'll be working, working; but if you come visit I'll
put down what I'm doing: my friends are important" -- David Byrne