Re: Poor State of the Man Pages

From:
peter
Date:
November 29, 2003 15:23
Re: Poor State of the Man Pages
Message ID:
20031129215022.77660.qmail@onion.perl.org
In article <86ekvsjrzb.fsf@blue.stonehenge.com>,
 merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:
>The core audience of Perl is programmers and sysadmins who know Unix
>and have smatterings of other languages under their belt, like C, and
>because of Perl's origin, are also fluent in English.

Do you have a reference for this?  Please note that I'm neither
disagreeing with you nor attempting to be combative; I have a
vested interest in knowing the demographics of the Perl audience
and real data on same would be highly useful.  It seems likely
to me that O'Reilly may have done a survey to which you are
alluding.  Google only got me salary data.

--
Peter Scott
http://www.perldebugged.com/