Re: Poor State of the Man Pages

From:
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
Date:
November 28, 2003 13:48
Re: Poor State of the Man Pages
Message ID:
20031128214738.GA168@efn.org
On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 12:51:03PM -0800, chromatic <chromatic@wgz.org> wrote:
> If you do start writing documentation instead of e-mail, one useful idea
> floated on p5p recently was a glossary of terms used in the
> documentation.  That'd be especially helpful for people who lack a Unix
> background that much of the documentation assumes.  It's also a much
> smaller job than rewriting Unixy terms out of tens of thousands of pages
> of documentation.

chromatic, I have a vague recollection that you have some association
with O'Reilly.  Can you or someone else look into releasing the
Programming Perl glossary?  Even from the 2nd edition would be
nice[1].  I'd be glad to format it into a perlglossary.pod.

[1] I actually only have the 2nd edition, and am only assuming the 3rd
has an updated glossary.