Re: Follow the bouncing pumpkin: Leon for 5.5.4

From:
Abe Timmerman
Date:
November 27, 2003 16:14
Re: Follow the bouncing pumpkin: Leon for 5.5.4
Message ID:
200311280115.13750.abe@ztreet.demon.nl
Op een winterige herfstdag (Wednesday 26 November 2003 17:00), schreef
H.Merijn Brand:

> On Wed 26 Nov 2003 16:06, Leon Brocard <acme@astray.com> wrote:
> > Chip Salzenberg sent the following bits through the ether:
> > > Please join me in piling on the, uh, congratulations.  :-)
> >
> > Thank you for the wonderful introduction.
>
> And good luck in this new maze of twisty little hackery

And from me too! Thank you for taking this task upon you, Leon.

> > Suggestions and offers of help welcome.
>
> Start with the hint files, and Makfile.SH
> when you think you're ready, ask^Wtell Abe what you need for 5.5.4 smokes
> make 5.5.4 rsync'able (which I think it already is) and go for white

Asking will do :-)

Here is the current state of affairs:

Automated smoke report for 5.00503 patch 18681 on linux - 2.4.18-4gb (i686/1
cpu)
(fikkie) using cc version 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)
Report by Test::Smoke v1.18.11 (perl 5.6.1) [23 minutes 26 seconds]

O = OK  F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom
X = test(s) failed under TEST but not under harness
? = still running or test results not (yet) available
Build failures during:       - = unknown or N/A
c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = make test-prep

   18681     Configuration (common) -Ui_db
------------ ----------------------------------------------------------------
O O
O O          -Duse64bitint
O O          -Duselongdouble
O O          -Dusemorebits
| +--------- -DDEBUGGING
+----------- no debugging

If you want, I'll try to update my smoke-farm this weekend and run this
5.005xx smoke on them to get an impression.

Good luck,

Abe
--
 I think this requires more thought, therefore
I'm excising the "promise" from perldelta and replacing it with more