Re: Poor State of the Man Pages

From:
Shlomi Fish
Date:
November 27, 2003 12:51
Re: Poor State of the Man Pages
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.56.0311272245340.12180@vipe.technion.ac.il

Oh Jesus Christ!

How many Perl 5 Porters does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Will you
leave the verb "transliterate" alone? Here are the facts about it:

1. It is the proper technical term.

2. Its meaning in English is not identical to its technical meaning.

3. Plus, not everybody are familiar with the English word, to begin
with.

Now, I say that these items warrant a short explanation that explains what
it means. I don't want to avoid it. We should never avoid the proper
terms. But we should also explain them.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        shlomif@vipe.technion.ac.il

An apple a day will keep a doctor away. Two apples a day will keep two
doctors away.

	Falk Fish