Re: Follow the bouncing pumpkin: Leon for 5.5.4

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
November 26, 2003 08:01
Re: Follow the bouncing pumpkin: Leon for 5.5.4
Message ID:
20031126165739.EA23.H.M.BRAND@hccnet.nl
On Wed 26 Nov 2003 16:06, Leon Brocard <acme@astray.com> wrote:
> Chip Salzenberg sent the following bits through the ether:
>
> > Please join me in piling on the, uh, congratulations.  :-)
>
> Thank you for the wonderful introduction.

And good luck in this new maze of twisty little hackery

> My plan is to release a 5.5.4 soonish which builds under modern
> operating systems and with modern libraries.
>
> I really believe in Nicholas' view that it is a moral imperative to
> maintain old releases of Perl. I don't plan on changing much at
> all. Bug fixes will not be part of 5.5.4. Security fixes won't be part
> of 5.5.4. This is much like 5.6.2.
>
> Suggestions and offers of help welcome.

Start with the hint files, and Makfile.SH
when you think you're ready, ask^Wtell Abe what you need for 5.5.4 smokes
make 5.5.4 rsync'able (which I think it already is) and go for white

--
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.8.0, & 5.9.x, and 806 on  HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, 11i,