Re: Follow the bouncing pumpkin: Leon for 5.5.4

From:
Leon Brocard
Date:
November 26, 2003 07:07
Re: Follow the bouncing pumpkin: Leon for 5.5.4
Message ID:
20031126150657.GA27811@kanga.astray.com
Chip Salzenberg sent the following bits through the ether:

> Please join me in piling on the, uh, congratulations.  :-)

Thank you for the wonderful introduction.

My plan is to release a 5.5.4 soonish which builds under modern
operating systems and with modern libraries.

I really believe in Nicholas' view that it is a moral imperative to
maintain old releases of Perl. I don't plan on changing much at
all. Bug fixes will not be part of 5.5.4. Security fixes won't be part
of 5.5.4. This is much like 5.6.2.

Suggestions and offers of help welcome.

[Unfortunately, I won't have much time to work on this before
christmas, but I'll get the hacking started and then have a better
idea of how long till the release].

Many thanks to the previous pumpkins for getting us on this road, Leon
--
Leon Brocard.............................http://www.astray.com/
scribot.................................http://www.scribot.com/

... DOC files? We don't need NO STINKIN' DOC FILES!