Storable.pm

From:
SosnoskiD
Date:
November 25, 2003 13:08
Subject:
Storable.pm
Message ID:
94A767870DE8D311BD3200508B8B9BD101B35EB6@msgcabur03.bur.dfo.ca
I'm still getting the following error message from activex install (using
ppm version 3.1). Newsgroup messages tend to talk about downgrading
Storable.pm but are a bit dated (or the recent ones are unanswered). Any
assistance would be helpful - thanks
Dave

 The error message is:

Tue Nov 25 08:38:37 2003 err, Child died: Storable binary image v2.6 more
recent

 than I am (v2.5) at ..\..\lib\Storable.pm (autosplit into
..\..\lib\auto\Storab

le\thaw.al) line 358, at C:/Perl/site/lib/RPC/PlServer/Comm.pm line 145

So I attempted to load Storable-2.05 (thinking that it would map to v2.5
listed in the error message). When that didn't work I downloaded
Storable-1.0.14 (still doesn't work... but maybe I'm missing a step)

I extracted these versions in your root directory so it created
Sosnoski/Storage... directories on Unix

I got dbi::Shell installed last night on the PC and tested - so it is
accessing the MS-Access dbs OK

It seems to be the proxy connection that is failing.