Re: [perl #24468] 5.8.2: Interface cannot be compiled with C++

From:
Jan Dubois
Date:
November 12, 2003 22:47
Re: [perl #24468] 5.8.2: Interface cannot be compiled with C++
Message ID:
9s96rvcjksphvq68aumac1gq0mro8b1hp9@4ax.com
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:31:47 -0500, Chip Salzenberg <chip@pobox.com>
wrote:

>> >In any case, we might well need something like this instead:
>>
>> Yes, probably.  Why don't you actually try it out?  :)
>
>OK, I'll report back how it works.  I have to figure out how the
>Debian build works and how to customize it.

You don't need to rebuild Perl to test this.  Just patch reentr.pl, run it
and copy the generated reentr.inc file to the CORE directory of the
installed Perl.  Then try to build the C++ extension again.

The patch doesn't affect core Perl at all, just the building of extension
libraries.

Cheers,
-Jan