Re: [perl #24468] 5.8.2: Interface cannot be compiled with C++

From:
Chip Salzenberg
Date:
November 12, 2003 17:32
Re: [perl #24468] 5.8.2: Interface cannot be compiled with C++
Message ID:
20031113013147.GB30502@perlsupport.com
According to Jan Dubois:
> On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 19:06:27 -0500, Chip Salzenberg <chip@pobox.com> wrote:
> >No, returning 0 is fine.  The problem is returning Perl_reentrant_retry(),
> >which is of type void* (as the error messages said [*cough*]).  Is this
>
> Actually, your bug report doesn't mention Perl_reentrant_retry() at all
> as far as I can tell [...]

No, but "invalid conversion from `void *'" is all over it.  :-)

> >In any case, we might well need something like this instead:
>
> Yes, probably.  Why don't you actually try it out?  :)

OK, I'll report back how it works.  I have to figure out how the
Debian build works and how to customize it.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip@pobox.com>