Re: [perl #24468] 5.8.2: Interface cannot be compiled with C++

From:
Chip Salzenberg
Date:
November 12, 2003 07:23
Re: [perl #24468] 5.8.2: Interface cannot be compiled with C++
Message ID:
20031112152241.GA21967@perlsupport.com
According to Chip Salzenberg:
> The interface headers for threaded Perl cannot be compiled from C++
> due to the interface assuming that "void*" will automatically convert
> to other pointer types, which is not true in C++.

Does the collective memory of p5p include information on who did this
and why?  Apparently earlier 5.8.x thread interfaces didn't make this
assumption.  But now Abiword can't build its Perl plugin, which sucks.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip@pobox.com>