Perl 5.6.2 RC1

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
November 8, 2003 08:19
Subject:
Perl 5.6.2 RC1
Message ID:
20031108172457.7df599b0.rgarciasuarez@free.fr
	"Pray, my dear", quoth my mother, "have you not forgot to
	wind up the clock?"

	    -- Sterne, Tristram Shandy, I, 1

Here is the first release candidate for perl 5.6.2. When the CPAN
mirrors will have synced it, it will be available from

    http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/R/RG/RGARCIA/perl-5.6.2-RC1.tar.gz

Before this, you can also rsync the current source tree from ActiveState :

    rsync -avz rsync://ftp.linux.activestate.com/perl-5.6.2/ .

Most changes happened in the compilation / configuration / installation
system.

I also upgraded the following modules : Data::Dumper, DB_File,
ExtUtils::MakeMaker, File::Spec, File::Temp, Safe, Test, and
Test::Harness ; and added Test::{Builder,More,Simple} and the if pragma.
Note that it contains MakeMaker 6.17 (as does perl 5.8.2), not the
recent 6.20, that was causing problems with the peculiar makefiles
of SDBM_File.

It's now time to find, report and fix the remaining build problems.

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/R/RG/RGARCIA/perl-5.6.2-RC1.tar.gz
  size: 6245124 bytes
   md5: 73bb7e70ebd3b0a8e60548a3695dd4f4

Enjoy.