5.8.2

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
November 5, 2003 15:35
Subject:
5.8.2
Message ID:
20031105233033.GA7863@Bagpuss.unfortu.net
  Passage, immediate passage! the blood burns in my veins!
  Away O soul! hoist instantly the anchor!
  Cut the hawsers - hall out - shake out every sail!
  Have we not stood here like trees in the ground long enough?
  Have we not grovel'd here long enough, eating and drinking like mere brutes?
  Have we not darken'd and dazed ourselves with books long enough?

  Sail forth - steer for the deep waters only,
  Reckless O soul, exploring, I with the and thou with me,
  For we are bound where mariner has not yet dared to go,
  And we will risk the ship, ourselves and all.

  O my brave soul!
  O farther farther sail!
  O daring job, but safe! are they not all the seas of God?
  O farther, farther, farther sail!

  Passage to India - Walt Whitman

Get it while its hot:

    http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/perl-5.8.2.tar.bz2
    http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/perl-5.8.2.tar.gz

coming soon to a CPAN near you:

    http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/N/NW/NWCLARK/perl-5.8.2.tar.bz2
    http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/N/NW/NWCLARK/perl-5.8.2.tar.gz

md5sums are

a312dd80922b88c6b33b2e1319470a35  perl-5.8.2.tar.bz2
fa356b74f99166b63a68a322c3c68f91  perl-5.8.2.tar.gz

If you wish to read the perldelta before it hits CPAN;

    http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/perl582delta.html

(the links won't work there)

Thanks to all. I couldn't have done this on my own.

The use.perl announcement should follow tomorrow evening.

Nicholas Clark