Re: [perl #24338] Attribute::Handlers will trash UNIVERSAL

From:
Damian Conway
Date:
November 2, 2003 15:33
Re: [perl #24338] Attribute::Handlers will trash UNIVERSAL
Message ID:
3FA5944C.2070209@conway.org
Chip wrote:

> What if you arranged for the class pushed onto @UNIVERSAL::ISA to have
> absolutely *nothing* in it other than the required functions?  No
> &import, no &AUTOLOAD, etc.  Would that ameliorate the current problems?

That's do-able (modulo lack of tuits).

About the only drawback would be the loss of the sensible error message
generated by the existing AUTOLOAD. That's probably a small price to
pay to make others happy.

I'll schedule it into my high priority ToDo list <bitter laughter>.

Damian