Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)

From:
Alan Burlison
Date:
October 31, 2003 13:45
Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)
Message ID:
3FA2D7B4.7090001@sun.com
Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:

> Just wait for the day you'll have to ship Perl 5 *and* Perl 6...
> (and ponie, and parrot, and the whole menagerie)

We already ship two versions of perl as it is.  I managed to prune 5.6.1
down from 3410 files to a mere 1156 and still end up with a working build.
I have this large chainsaw you see... ;-)

I suspect the day when I move perl out of the Solaris consolidation is
approaching, the amount of work taken to integrate it is getting to be
prohibitive.  That doesn't mean we won't ship it, just it will be in a
different consolidation.

--
Alan Burlison