Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
October 31, 2003 13:29
Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)
Message ID:
20031031223421.034a95d2.rgarciasuarez@free.fr
Alan Burlison wrote:
> Nicholas Clark wrote:
>
> > I think the prices should be per byte. So Encode would cost you
> > 27433 times as much to take out as less.pm
> >
> > Oh, Greg, we have an auction for you to run... :-)
>
> Some frightening statistics:
>
> Perl 5.8.2			3072 files
> Solaris libc			1564 files
> Entire Solaris /usr/lib tree	10275 files
>
> Anyone have any predictions of when perl will overtake /usr/lib?

Just wait for the day you'll have to ship Perl 5 *and* Perl 6...
(and ponie, and parrot, and the whole menagerie)