Re: L<> links in pod (was Re: 5.8.2 perldelta)

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
October 31, 2003 12:58
Re: L<> links in pod (was Re: 5.8.2 perldelta)
Message ID:
20031031220345.7b79cf6d.rgarciasuarez@free.fr
Sean M. Burke wrote:
> > > OK, it is just that other URLs in the perldelta were done with F<>,
> > > so I just followed that. I guess one needs to change all F<>s
> > > referring to URL in the whole perldelta. Here is a patch then:
> >I've not committed this yet. I've been in the habit of running pod/podchecker
> >*** WARNING: node 'http://bugs.perl.org/' contains non-escaped | or / at
> >line 143 in file pod/perldelta.pod [...]
>
> If I may critique podchecker for a minute:  BULLSHIT!

Well actually, if we reformulate F<...> as "this is an URI", pod2html's
habit to turn F<http://...> into links makes sense retroactively.