Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
October 31, 2003 12:37
Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)
Message ID:
20031031203657.GW6287@plum.flirble.org
On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 08:24:18PM +0000, Alan Burlison wrote:
> Nicholas Clark wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure if you're joking, but being serious, there would be no way
> >that I'd agree to such an auction. (Even with extreme bribery)
> >Even a bidding on (say) "which XML parser implementation" wouldn't seem
> >(to me) to be a good idea.
>
> As someone who is trying to integrate the bloated hairball into Solaris,
> I'd pay good money to have stuff taken *out*
>
> ;-)

I think the prices should be per byte. So Encode would cost you
27433 times as much to take out as less.pm

Oh, Greg, we have an auction for you to run... :-)

Nicholas Clark