RE: [perl #24372] perlbug AutoReply: Errors in gmtime() and localtime()

From:
Derek Dongray
Date:
October 31, 2003 01:58
RE: [perl #24372] perlbug AutoReply: Errors in gmtime() and localtime()
Message ID:
002001c39f86$88c14f30$0400000a@vega
Please ignore this report. The code performs as documented.

The reason I submitted it was that code which had been working for several
months stopped working late last night (after midnight). While investigating
it, I noticed the way gmtime/localtime return years and suspected it was the
problem.

In fact, the cause of the error was that code which was doing date
arithmetic did not correct the values returned by gmtime before using them.
It was the month that caused the error. All dates after 1st Aug were
accepted with the month offset by one until 31 Oct, when the offset produces
31 Sep and is flagged illegal.

Apologies,

Derek.