Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
October 30, 2003 12:57
Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)
Message ID:
20031030205723.GD6287@plum.flirble.org
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 12:50:58PM -0800, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> Anything based on pkg-config is of far too narrow a scope to be useful
> to Perl in general.  Its user-base is small and its non-portable.  Remember,
> we don't just have to support the most recent versions of the most popular
> Unixen, we have to support...

[42 OSes]

Which seems like a nice number. But we did lose AmigaOS, so if anyone
wants to work on regaining perl portability to Amigas, this would be
good. (But not at the expense of more portably useful stuff)

Nicholas Clark