Re: [david@davidfavor.com: Building ExtUtils-ParseXS-2.05 badly broken]

From:
David Favor
Date:
October 30, 2003 09:30
Re: [david@davidfavor.com: Building ExtUtils-ParseXS-2.05 badly broken]
Message ID:
3FA149F4.1080700@davidfavor.com
Ken Williams wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:11:34AM -0600, David Favor wrote:
>
>>The real problem still persists though. Should there be something in the
>>hints/aix.sh file to fix this once and for all?
>

> Yes, I think there should.  Another user reported this same problem on
> a different module, so it's not just ExtUtils::ParseXS.

Thought so.

>>Fixing $PERL_INC seems easy, however $BASEEXT seems to be set differently
>>for each module, or maybe I misunderstand.
>

> Yeah - what does the "-bE:$(BASEEXT).exp" switch do, anyway?  Can it
> be replaced with something else?  I don't really know the AIX linker's
> switches.

-bI:foo.exp - does symbol imports (read foo.exp)
-bE:foo.exp - does symbol exports (write foo.exp)

The foo.exp files are a list of symbols matching entry points in shared
libraries. This is AIX's way of linking with shared objects. There's a
long history of why this is as it is. To long for here... :-)

I've tried several incantations. No joy getting it to work.

- David

--
www.RadicalHealth.com - subscribe@radicalhealth.com
Simple ways to look, feel and live your best ever!