Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)

From:
Autrijus Tang
Date:
October 30, 2003 02:51
Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)
Message ID:
20031030102102.GA2548@aut.dyndns.org
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:10:54AM -0800, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:10:41AM +0000, Alberto Manuel Brand緌 Sim髊s wrote:
> > Yes, at the moment it is a wrapper. A pure perl module to do the same
> > would be simple to do. I am offering to do such a module if you think it
> > would be useful to be included in Perl (I think it is, to detect most
> > libraries at the moment, like libxml2, libxslt and so on).
>
> If you think you can do it, then by all means!  That would be great.
> Module::LibConfig would be a good name.  ExtUtils:: is sort of a dead
> namespace.
> Just put it on CPAN we'll see how it works out.

And please do look at http://search.cpan.org/dist/App-Info/ --
especially App::Info::Lib, to avoid reinventing wheels.

Thanks,
/Autrijus/