Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
October 30, 2003 02:50
Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)
Message ID:
20031030104917.GB23763@localhost.comcast.net
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:37:02AM +0000, Alberto Manuel Brandão Simões wrote:
> The idea would be different from App-Info. App-Info and App-Info-Lib are
> for detecting any library at all. I'm preparing one to use
> package-config files, although not depending on the software itself, so
> the module creator can detect libraries and tools which he knows to
> include a .pc file.

Oh.  So this is only going to find libraries that already use pkg-config?
Not nearly as useful as I thought. :(  I only have a handful of .pc files
on my system (OS X) for example.

In this case you might want to contact the author of ExtUtils::PkgConfig
and see if he's interested in replacing his wrapper code with a pure Perl
version.

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern@pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/