Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)

From:
Alberto Manuel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brand=E3o_Sim=F5es?=
Date:
October 30, 2003 02:29
Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)
Message ID:
1067510222.8925.114.camel@eremita.di.uminho.pt
On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 10:21, Autrijus Tang wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 02:10:54AM -0800, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:10:41AM +0000, Alberto Manuel Brand緌 Sim髊s wrote:
> > > Yes, at the moment it is a wrapper. A pure perl module to do the same
> > > would be simple to do. I am offering to do such a module if you think it
> > > would be useful to be included in Perl (I think it is, to detect most
> > > libraries at the moment, like libxml2, libxslt and so on).
> >
> > If you think you can do it, then by all means!  That would be great.
> > Module::LibConfig would be a good name.  ExtUtils:: is sort of a dead
> > namespace.
> > Just put it on CPAN we'll see how it works out.
>
> And please do look at http://search.cpan.org/dist/App-Info/ --
> especially App::Info::Lib, to avoid reinventing wheels.

The idea would be different from App-Info. App-Info and App-Info-Lib are
for detecting any library at all. I'm preparing one to use
package-config files, although not depending on the software itself, so
the module creator can detect libraries and tools which he knows to
include a .pc file.

Best regards,
 Alberto