Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)

From:
Alberto Manuel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brand=E3o_Sim=F5es?=
Date:
October 30, 2003 02:02
Re: Another request (not for perl 5.8.2...)
Message ID:
1067508641.8921.110.camel@eremita.di.uminho.pt
On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 09:56, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 09:53:57AM +0000, Alberto Manuel Brandão Simões wrote:
> > Not for 5.8.2, but as soon as possible.
> > I think ExtUtils::PkgConfig should be included or some of the
> > functionality ported to ExtUtils::MakeMaker (but if we really go in the
> > direction of Build, then maybe it is better to have a different module
> > with that).
>
> ExtUtils::PkgConfig appears to be some wrapper around the Gnome tool
> pkg-config.  We can't rely on that sort of specialized external utility
> existing, sorry.

Yes, at the moment it is a wrapper. A pure perl module to do the same
would be simple to do. I am offering to do such a module if you think it
would be useful to be included in Perl (I think it is, to detect most
libraries at the moment, like libxml2, libxslt and so on).

Best regards,
 Alberto