Re: Perl 5.8.2 request (too late?)

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
October 30, 2003 01:40
Re: Perl 5.8.2 request (too late?)
Message ID:
20031030094032.GE15905@localhost.comcast.net
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 09:38:04AM +0000, Alberto Manuel Brandão Simões wrote:
> Noticed that now ExtUtils::MakeMaker (starting with perl 5.8.1)
> generates a YAML file. I think it would be nice if YAML is available as
> a core Module on Perl 5.8.2.

Yes, its too late for 5.8.2.  5.8.2 is only for fixing the binary
compatibility break introduced in 5.8.1.

Anyhow, as YAML.pm isn't entirely stable as yet, its probably premature
to consider it for the core.

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern@pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
<mendel>	 ScHWeRnsChweRN    sChWErN   SchweRN  SCHWErNSChwERnsCHwERN