Re: 5.8.2-RC1 and mp2

From:
Alan Burlison
Date:
October 30, 2003 01:30
Re: 5.8.2-RC1 and mp2
Message ID:
3FA0D9DE.2000908@sun.com
Nicholas Clark wrote:

> PS Does mod_perl have to be binary compatible with 5.8.0? If not, for
>    mod_perl we could use the 5.8.1 scheme (which works) and for the rest
>    perl the 5.8.2 scheme. (As a general case 5.8.2 install needs to be
>    binary compatible with 5.8.0)

How would that work, especially in the cases where stuff that uses mod_perl
also uses other perl modules, e.g. Apache::DBI?

I must confess that the thought of switching hash keys on the fly still
makes me nervous.  Are we still really sure that breaking binary
compatibility is the worst of two evils?  Just asking... ;-)

--
Alan Burlison